Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Repairing the Beaten, Broken, and Beautiful

Well, there's not much I can tell you in one single post that others haven't written BOOKS to teach, but I just wanted to say that part of what I love about what I do is restoring these worn out, but beautiful pieces of furniture.
I try to find all-wood pieces with great curves and details. When I'm working on them I can't help but think about the kids, parents, and grandparents that used and loved these pieces once.
 My husband always teases me whenever we pass an old abandoned farm house because I always have to comment about the people who once lived in them. It's the same for these pieces of furniture. I love that I'm giving them one more chance to be loved.                               
    


No comments:

Post a Comment