Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shabby Chic Changing Table Makeover

Shabby Chic Changing Table Makeover
Before
This is exactly how I got it--paint stripping circle and all!

After




I was going to try to save the guard rails, but then I found myself with an irresistible urge to do some demo. Out they went! I stripped the paint from the top--only to find an amazing treat underneath! At some point someone had painted the top bronze, and little glints of it stuck to the wood. Well I knew right then I was going to have to leave the top bare!  I changed plans. I covered the top to protect it, sprayed the bottom, and then distressed it. Another delicious find! The yellow paint peeked out just barely under the taupe, so I decided not to glaze and just moved straight to clear coat. Originally I had ordered clear glass knobs for this piece, but I decided to go with the bronzed black instead. However, if you wish to switch back to the clear glass, no problem. 
Sold!





1 comment:

  1. bespoke kitchens
    Such a beautiful and stylish dresser.it really good looking and modern.i also have these type of dresser in my home.

    ReplyDelete