Monday, April 11, 2011

Side Crib Rail Display

This is a little project I've been thinking about for awhile. I hate to throw ANYTHING  out that seems remotely useful. So, when my son's crib was recalled and I was told to throw away most of it, well, could I? Nope. So I saw an idea in a mazazine for turning the slide rail into a quilt hanger. I couldn't get to any blankets because they're stored where my twins are sleeping right now, so this is what I came up with. I could either do other people's crib rails, or find them and sell them complete. All the hardware, baskets, picture frames would be included. What do you think? Please take a moment to do my poll on the side! 


4 comments:

  1. Darling! Great idea, and so cute! You could even use the totes for storage of toys or crafts. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! If I didn't already have a crib to make one myself, I'd definitely buy it for $30! I'm thinking how sweet it would be to hang your babies favorite newborn outfits on silk hangers for display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Canessa--what I really would want to do would be to hang their blessing gowns. I think it would be so sweet. But I don't DARE! ;) MOm--I was going to put some little books in the baskets for the photo, but I forgot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have thought of hanging my prims off of one... Tina

    ReplyDelete