Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A bedroom redo . . . and a reminder

My own Bedroom makeover!

So, while my hubby had the kids away for the week I decided to use Sunday to redo my bedroom.

 First Disclaimer: My paint gun and I have a long and complicated relationship. I know just how far I can push the little sucker. Please don't go and try to paint your furniture in your bedroom with paint gun unless you know exactly what your over spray range is!! I don't want to hear about someone painting their carpet burnt umber.  ;p

So here's the Before pic
As I've told many of you I don't really decorate my own room since my kids destroy EVERYTHING. So I figure if I don't have a house I'm trying to keep perfect, I won't get mad when they mess it up!!

So before pic: a lot of boring mid-brown wood stuff.


 Tarping, Taping, Priming
 Up goes the blue!
I'm sorta an "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission" sort of gal. So I didn't consult the hubby on color choice! He'll just have to like it.
 Spraying Accessories with bronzed black color

 OOOh, Pretty!
 And a few accessories to decorate. Please note the little girl figurine by the wreath. With her head.
 This is round one of decorating. Next on the list is a new fancy bedpost--the foot painted ivory and the headboard upholstered with ivory velvet type fabric. 

  And 24 hours after my children get home . . . Head missing. Oh, Yeah! That's why I had been storing her away since my mom gave one each to the twins when they were 6 months old. And that is why I don't bother to decorate my house. Any guesses how often I have to strip the couch covers off and wash them . . . ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're bedroom is amazing!! I wish I were so creative! Can't wait to stop in at the boutique sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that color you chose for your dressers! it is such a perfect shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete