Monday, August 22, 2011

Little boy blue . . .

Today started out soooo promising!! I was at big Orange by 8:45 and loading up with tons of new products to try, I was excited about the 4 custom orders I was going to get started today, I was hopefully we would get so much done since we had an all day babysitter . . . That was then.

This is now.

Kids were ROTTEN for our little 12 year old cousin who was watching them, so we kept having to intervene. I forgot some stuff I had to get today so I had to make a second trip to the store, and had to take Captain Destructo with me since he was getting to be too much for the preteen.  I forgot the paint samples I had to match for the custom orders.  The new wax paste finish I wanted to try on this amazing table we're working on turned out to be a lot more difficult to work with than we thought . . . And yep, I STILL HATE stripping furniture, even if the stripper is one of those environmental friendly, not so toxic, doesn't burnt through your skin straight to you bone marrow types.

And finally, Captain Destructo needed his "privacy" so he locked one of the twins out of the bathroom and she refused to use the blue froggy potty upstairs and so peed her pants AGAIN (that would be the 3rd time today).  Ugh. What happened to today??? So full of promises.

Thanks for listening. Now back to furniture.

This is was I did Saturday:

I got an indigo blue for the big table down stairs, but I had a strong feeling it just wasn't the right shade so I thought I would try it out on a little table first to see if I could work it into the right color.

The short of it is, I'm still not sold, but I do like how this little guy turned out.  It's actually quite a bit darker and bluer than the photos turned out . . .






Sharing Here:

 Keeping It Simple

  Photobucket
 grabtt 
  Feathered Nest Friday 

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! Lovely shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!! Fun color!!! And kids always make things more interesting!!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a fun color for that table- it suits its cottagey stye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad that your day was so difficult, but your table is gorgeous, hopefully you will have a better day tomorrow! When you have small children often the day is not as planned, I can still remember those days.:)
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete