Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beautiful Beast.

I'm calling this one the beautiful beast.
LOVE her lines, and beautiful styling . . . but I'm pretty sure an entire walnut tree was used to make her!!
When I got this little Buffet/Dresser it wasn't in bad shape. Besides a broken foot, the finish was perfect . . . perfectly shellacked to death. Still, I left the top alone except for a clean up and painted the bottom in my favorite color . . .soft light blue of course!
I gave her some heavy distressing to counteract the shiny top & glass knobs--which are the real deal by the way--no Big Orange knockoffs here! 
She's a big girl--56" long, 26" deep, & 34" tall--but wouldn't she make a statement in your entryway?

  Lot's of photo's because I'm in

L.O.V.E







sold.

Sharing Here:
French Country Cottage
Furniture Feature Fridays



v
Domestically Speaking

Transformation Thursday

7 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Buffet/dresser is Gorgeous !!! I love the color you have pick sweet lady, and the glass knobs look great with this dresser. Im your newest follower on your blog now.
    I hope you come join my Tablescapes.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is beautiful! I pick 5 of my faves from Miss Mustard Seed's and one was yours! I'm on the other side of the mountains in Mukilteo! :-) Can't wait to see more from you. Feel free to check out my blog. I'm currently hosting a photography giveaway and one of her best friends lives in Spokane! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color, you do a great job distressing. I am still working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, it's gorgeous! What did you finish the top with? It's so pretty and shiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I love the stained shiny top in contrast to the distressed blue. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Would LOVE it if you would share this project at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so pretty! love the gorgeous glass knobs and the beautiful and unique shape of that dresser. and of course the color!

    ReplyDelete