Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fungus Among Us

So, before we get to the jokes--
Here's my latest fav for the store:

Ok, so any paint that goes by the name of a fungus??  Mushroom?  Gotta love it. At least I do!
I still can't go on a hike through the forest without hearing my mom say "there's fungus among us!"  every time we passed a fungi.


Mushroom from Val Spar:
Soo purty on this waterfall dresser.  Newly sprayed bronzed black knobs & pulls add just the perfect contrast. And the chippiness--yes, it is on purpose. I got a funny look today from a sweet lady who apparently doesn't favor the chippy look like I do.  :)





Please check the finished pieces button for availability & pricing.

OK, now for the life lessons from the world of paint.  Remember, I sacrifice my own personal dignity just for your kicks and giggles. ;p  All these nuggets of knowledge were inspired by true events from a single 2 hour painting episode.

If you're bored at a party, try guessing people's age by asking them this question: While shaking a can of blue paint it opens, and spills down your arm.  What do you immediately think? a) I'm a smurf! b) I'm Megamind
Option a = 30-something who remembers the original cartoon. 
Option b = young kid. 
Option c--first a, and then b = 30-something who is the mom of young kids. 

Sign you might be painting too much:  You get a splinter and think, "hum, wouldn't it be funny if I started naming my splinters and taking pictures of them? This could be Very Thorough Thomas, Because it went in one side of my finger tip and out the other!" 
Very true, very sad story. 

Another sign you might be painting too much.  You remove your shoes so you won't track paint through the house, and then proceed to walk barefooted through the paint. And you don't discover this until you're trying to mop the kitchen floor and can't figure out where all the paint keeps coming from. yikes. It's really that bad folks.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day/night

Jessica

Sharing Here

Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday

  Feathered Nest Friday

Domestically Speaking

5 comments:

  1. love this waterfall...you practically "un"-waterfalled it! i, too, took on the waterfall challenge and loved the result. now i'm onto a waterfall wardrobe--w/ peeling veneer!! wish me luck!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so cute! the hardware is perfect for changing the look- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story! And the dresser looks wonderful! I actually just did 2 pieces in an almost identical color. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this is a waterfall dresser! You did such a great job. I love the color...it needs a better name, but it's lovely. :)

    PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog till Monday. Come by when you have a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, love the mushroom and distressing. I like the way your mind wanders around to these other pressing questions! ;)

    I am delighted that you linked to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you and hope to see you again this Friday!

    ReplyDelete