Thursday, September 1, 2011

Top this Taupe! . . . Gah, that was cheesy.

So the taupe color, or gray as my hubby calls it since he doesn't know what taupe is, was a personal request from my hubby. It was used on one of the very first pieces I did.
Ah, memory lane.

 Still love this color, especially how great it looks with pops of bright colors! I guess that's what is so great about neutrals.  And yes, the skeleton key works!

This is an antique piece which I stripped and stained a dark walnut color on top and then protected with Howard's Citrus-Shield Paste Wax. Smells yummy going on.

The bottom was painted a TAUPE color and then antiqued with brown glaze. New pulls were added since the originals had been replaced in the 1980's with cheap bronze ones.

$200






Oh, we're not done with TAUPE.  This is a 1974 Huntley Thomasville piece. Very nice construction.  Again. I painted it a taupe color and antiqued it with a brown glaze.  I sprayed the original handles with oil rubbed bronze black--yeah, you caught it. The middle pull is missing--it's sitting at home waiting for one of us--either would do--to remember to bring it to the store!! 

Doesn't it look just snazzy with that turquoise???
LOOOOVE it!
(please say this in your mind with a dragon tail's voice)

sold!






 Sharing Here:

Mustard Seed Creations Furniture Feature Friday
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Domestically Speaking
Todays Creative Blog

Transformation Thursday

Somewhat Simple

7 comments:

  1. Love it!....great job...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both gorgeous, but i especially love the first dresser. it is quaint, charming, and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a crafty chick! I love it, your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower! Found you on Primitive and Proper's furniture party. I love the antique dresser, beautiful color!! Come on over and check out my blog anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Domestically Speaking's POP party -- your grey (er...taupe) dresser is beautiful, and as a fellow painter, who not only has paint in her hair, but flecks of it everywhere else, I had become a follower. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it those double mirrors makes it so charming

    ReplyDelete
  7. What color taupe did you use? I have been looking for something very similar to this. You did a great job! Looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete