Monday, October 31, 2011

Boys: Noise with dirt on it.

I can't take credit for that title, I borrowed it from Leslie over at Orphaned Decor. Man do I love it!!

My store is very girly--so I set out to make a bedroom set that was all boy and prove

Painted Furniture
 is for BOYS too!!

And golly--if I hadn't just painted a huge bunk bed / desk /dresser combo unit fire engine red for my boys I would take this home for them!  If I ever put the drawer pulls on bunk bed desk/dresser station,  I'll show you the before and afters. But I keep using the silver bucket pulls for it on customer's orders!!

Poor boys. So denied.

So Here's by latest, best All BOY bedroom set. 
And it's confession time.

I used EVERY boy prop I had in my store for this photo shoot!!
 Man, I really am biased. Like I said, Poor boys. 

BUT to my defense---have you ever noticed how much more clothing there is for baby girls???
Yeah, I may be biased, but I have LOTS of company. ;p

Twin Bed, Bookcase, Dresser & Globe

All painted in ASCP Graphite, Paris Grey Accent & a mixture of both for the middle gray stripe.


Twin Bed
Comes with side rails & supports



Vintage 4 Drawer Dresser 


Aren't these vintage pewter truck pulls awesome!!
 Love these little guys.  




Solid Wood Bookcase
Yep--Here's every boy-esque prop I have.
And yes, they're all for sale in the store.  



Love this little iron car thing-a-ma-bobber 


And here is my subliminal advertising if you didn't catch it:

"Buying Paint In My Hair furniture will result in your child reading Shakespeare, Hemingway, & Dostoevsky."

BWAH Haa Haa haa!
(evil capitalistic laugh)



Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Please check my Finished Pieces Button for pricing and availability.

Sharing Here:







 
Domestically Speaking
shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the different shades of grey. I love using Graphite; however, I have a hard time getting the wax streak free on such a dark color. Do you have any tips on using the wax on dark colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your color and design picks for this set! it won't last long!!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! this set is awesome! the colors, stripes, and hardware marry together for perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how that turned out! That is how I image my little man's "big boy" room looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set is just awesome!! I love the stripe on the dresser! The handles look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that is fabulous! i love the color, the stripe, the drawer pull! my boyfriend would love that, as he is rebuilding a 37 chevy. that would be a fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is great! Any boy would be lucky to have this in their room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! Great paint job, colors and stripes. My little boy looked over my shoulder and said "Mom I need drawers like those!" Love the trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job on the "boy" furniture.....I have 3 boys & I'm always thinking that I need to do something for them.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog through Miss Mustard Seed, love the boy furniture... if only I could buy it I would! Grea job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you that boys have very little choices when it comes to clothes and furniture options. I love what you did with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when you were featured a month or so ago for these amazing pieces! Just love them so much -- and the pewter truck pulls push that dresser over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's amazing job. I am very, very impressed. I thought I did a good job with my son's bedroom. I used a red racing car bed, carpet looking like formula 1 circuit, curtains with formula 1 drivers faces. I didn't do anything in my own. I've bought everything, that's why you deserved the round of applause.

    ReplyDelete