Thursday, October 27, 2011

I love Fall!

There is something about crisp autumn air in my lungs, bright colored leaves on the ground, and warm glowy sunlight slanting through the trees that makes me love Fall.

It all started years ago when as a college student I went for a run down a mountain trail on a day just like this. I won't ever forget the feeling of change in the air.


Call me a gypsy, but I LOVE change. I love new things, I love the planning, preparing, and thinking through each little detail.  You could say I'm a builder
--not necessarily a maintainer--
that would be all of you spring chickens who get excited over spring cleaning. ;P 

New adventures and experiences, soaking in each moment and taking away the best parts . . . There's just something about a sunny, crisp fall day that energizes my spirit.

So it's not hard to figure out why this is my latest favorite spot for furniture photo shoots.  Even if it is a little impractical to put a piece of indoor furniture outside in the middle of a pile of leaves under a sap dripping, bird pooping tree--it's like the shoes on models wear walking down the runway--
it's all for looks, not for real life.
Love this ornate little hall table & mirror.

Just my style--matchy-miss matched!
The table was painted in ASCP Coco and dark waxed.

The mirror was painted in Provence, then Coco,
 then dark waxed.
Oh, and she was gold to start with!
Talk about a gypsy.  

 Both were distressed pretty well.







Please see finished pieces button for pricing and availability

Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica

PS--I'll be sending Christmas Gifts to all my followers--so make sure you add your name!!

Sharing Here:

Feathered Nest Friday





 
Domestically Speaking
shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays

15 comments:

  1. How stunning! What a beautiful back drop as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that is a yummy finish, and it looks so pretty with the gold leaves all around it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these old table and have refinish my fair share. Yours is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that table and I love my turquoise bench it is so sweet for the kids to sit on in the morning even the hubby liked it, it was quite the change for my taupe decorating style I'm trying to let my inner color lover out :) it was so nice to meet you your store is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love your styling and the table! Your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I love the make-overs on both the table and the mirror. I just bought a mirror from Goodwill and still debating on what to do with it. It's gold too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! I think I have a new fav color, and I just happen to be heading to my stockist this weekend for some refills!! Very nice, and I adore the mirror:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bothe pieces are gorgeous! Luv the way you have styled it outdoors. What a lovely setting!

    I am delighted that you linked to Potpourri Friday! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pieces and fabulous setting ... the leaves are spectacular boucing against the table! *Becca* (new follower by way of Coastal Charm)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with everyone else above...BEAUTIFUL staging for a beautifully refinished piece...visiting by way of Ms Cassie's Primitive and Proper...

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you'll stop by and say hi too...) ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm...a gentle suggestion...you might see more comments if you turn off word verification...just another step for busy blurfers...I rarely leave comments when word verification is required...but HAD to for this piece!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. another wonderful makeover over here! you have been busy! and i love the pics out in the leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way these turned out. Those are great colors. The mirror is so pretty with all the nooks and crannies. And the legs on the table are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They have turned out beautifully! I love the colours you chose - you're right they go perfectly together in a perfectly imperfect way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out so pretty and the pics are gorgeous!
    I'm a new follower.
    www.projectqueen.org
    I'd love it if you shared this at my link party that began on Tuesday at Project Queen.

    ReplyDelete