Monday, October 24, 2011

Oversized Plaid with Chalk Paint

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint opens the door for sooooo many painting possibilities . . .

Especially for the ADHD inclined.
'Cause, really . . . who has time to wait for 5 layers of latex paint to dry???

Here's a fast and easy project with Chalk Paint:

Oversized Plaid Coffee Table



First I painted 2 layers of Paris Gray all over the entire coffee table. No priming necessary!

Then I used blue painters tape to mark off my first layer of plaid.



Pull off the tape just after the paint is set.

After that layer is totally dry, tape off your next set of stripes in the opposite direction. I used different mixes of Paris Gray & Graphite to get several different shades of gray. 

I also watered down the paint for my Pure White & 2nd Arles Yellow stripes to get a white washed effect.

Again, once the paint is set, pull off the tape.
 Let that layer completely dry.

Add more stripes in the first direction again. This helps give a 3 dimensional effect to your plaid--just like you'd see in a woven plaid on fabric.

After all my layers were dry I chose to lightly distress the entire piece to soften the effect of the plaid. Finally I waxed with Soft Wax Clear.

Sorry, I stink at taking "work in progress" photos, but I think you get the idea!

Here she is all done!




Note: This photo below is truest to the original colors--
I was having a hard time with my white balance.




Please check finished pieces button for pricing and availability.

Now Selling Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!
New shipments weekly.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Sharing Here:

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ The Girl Creative





Domestically Speaking
shabby creek cottage Somewhat Simple  Feathered Nest Friday

6 comments:

  1. oh WOW! i never knoew i would love it like i do, but it is so warm and cozy like a plaid wool blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... it's so sweet! Love the yellow and gray together. I know what you mean about waiting for all those layers of paint to dry... that drives me crazy... unfortunately I haven't gotten to try the ASCP yet :(

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plaid table is unique and beautiful!! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... great job. i like it!

    ReplyDelete