Saturday, October 22, 2011

Uniquely one of the herd

What do I mean by
"uniquely one of the herd?" 

I refer to the phenomenon of thinking you are super unique, only to discover everyone else is thinking the same thing.

I mean, really--I'm unique right? How many Mormon moms of 4 kids under 5 whose husband's are in grad school and who happen to start a furniture upcycling business in February of 2011 can there be out there. Well at least two. And we used the same chair graphic for our logo.

NOT A JOKE.


She's like my prettier, skinnier twin sister!

It's like that JFK / Lincoln thing.


A few weeks ago I wanted to do a piece of furniture in a color that would really pop and be "out there" on the fringe of home decor fashion.

So I chose Meadow Green from Olympic.

And then I started carrying Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
 And Guess what? Her green Antibes is almost the same color!!

And Better Homes and Garden's November issue is chalked full of the same color.

And some Vintage Magazine I can't remember the name of.

Sigh.
Guess I'll never be a trend setter,
just a trend follower.

Meadow Green & Kona Stain Desk




But know what is great about being 29 and holding??
I'm old enough to really care less.
Head of the pack or at the back--I still love the color. And for the next person who coming in my store and asks

"You meant to do that?" or
"Really, this is done?"
YEP!
And I love it that way!!

I KNOW
(This would be the "Really, this is done?" piece.) 
not all people are going to love a
Louis Blue & Versailles Green uber distressed piece.
But I {heart} it!







Thanks for Visiting!
Jessica

Please see finished pieces button for pricing and availability!

Sharing here:

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ The Girl Creative




Domestically Speaking
shabby creek cottage Somewhat Simple  Feathered Nest Friday

8 comments:

  1. I'm bipolar with color, too. Love the whites, and just painted a chair farm implement green aka John Deer green. Sometimes I wish I could have TWO houses. But, then I think of cleaning them...:)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very special and talented young woman Jessica! You follow your dreams with courage and hope. There is no better example for your kids to learn how to live a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a totally wild coincidence! She's got some good looking things on her site but I like the headboard I bought from you way better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green! It looks so good with the darker wood! That's just an awesome desk all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love antibes green and am my 2nd piece with it! go green, girl!!! the desk is awesome!!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a trendsetter? You are a member of the "great minds think alike" club! Is that a partner's desk with drawers on both sides?

    Thanks for linking your terrific projects to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo pretty~ love the green-it's darling! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete