Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Getting over the thud

OK, you know the days you just hit thud? All you mind can think of is all the things that need doing and suddenly you can't for the life of you think of where to start??? There's so much going on this week and I hit thud. I don't have TIME to hit thud. I have to much to do!! So how do you get through it?

First I guess I need to prioritize. What's most urgent and what's most important. These may not be the same thing!

Second I need to find some self control. What's most fun and what's most urgent are PROBABLY  not the same thing. But Fun will have to wait for responsibility.

Third--just like many trials the only way to reach the other end is to walk right through it. I just have to start tackling the projects--kinda like dishes. Just have to do it.

And while I'm contemplating the necessary and urgent nature of the important tasks I need to accomplish, I'll have another bowl of ice cream to marinate my motivation,
thank you.

And nothing is better for motivation than a nice ol' before and after session!

Before
Ladies Secretary Desk & Bench


After
Yep, I took out the secretary portion. Criminal I know, but this way you can store your laptop inside. I'm all for keeping old things original, but I'm also all for making them practical for everyday life.

Desk and bench were painted in ASCP Country Grey & distressed.  








Please check finished pieces button for pricing and availability.

Thanks for visiting!!
Jessica

Don't forget if you live in the spokane area to stop by on Saturday for Girls' Day Out!!
The Agenda:

Free make & Take Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Gift Ornament Activity
Door Prizes
Storewide Sales
Yummy Food
Special 'Pink' Collection
proceeds of which will be donated to a women's charity of the buyer's choosing!

Sharing Here:



Domestically Speaking
shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays 

6 comments:

  1. adorable! i love this style of desk- so so pretty! hey just don't make furniture this awesome anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It is such a unique piece,your fabric choice for the bench is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best redos I've seen in a while. LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! The color is perfect...says gray but coming off as the palest yellow over here...either way, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job on that sweet desk!! So very pretty! Did I see a basecoat of white under the Country Grey?? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty piece(s)... how refreshing :) Love the fabric on the seat too (I'm a sucker for B & W fabs)

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's linky party,
    Smiles,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you about modifying things so they can be of more use. The makeover here is outstanding.

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete