Thursday, November 24, 2011

Simply Grand

I hope everyone has been able to celebrate a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I wanted to take moment to share a custom order I did for a sweet gal. She got it as a Christmas gift for herself . . .
A lady after my own heart!

Before
You might not be able to tell, but a significant amount of the veneer on the drawers was peeling or gone.  We used an extraordinary amount of wood filler on this baby!!
We were able to save the top and restain it in a Kona from Rustoleum.



The bottom was painted in Old White from Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and antiqued with a dark brown glaze.



I love my pretty little trio of flowers. I love the picture frames around unexpected things . . .





Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica

Sharing Here:
Keeping It Simple
Photobucket/
\ DomesticallySpeaking
Furniture Feature Fridays

21 comments:

  1. My favorite piece you've done so far! Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me sigh with delight! It's stunning! I'd love if it you'd link this beauty up at my Saturday Splendour Party. www.megandmums.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this piece, especially the stained top with the white lower part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-Maz-Ing! Love everything about it! -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a statement piece! it is so beautiful and grand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely lovely! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my word! you did an amazing job!! im in LOVE!! new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful transformation! I love this furniture style and l like it better painted! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply gorgeous!! This style looks so stunning painted!!

    ~*Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous! Grand it is and you did a beautiful job! Thank you for linking this to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL JOB! I would love for you to share over at my Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super pretty! I have only stained one piece so far, and I used Kona too - loved it. I have a buffet to do, but it's not as pretty and curvy as yours. Is the glazing difficult to do?
    Came by from Miss Mustard Seed:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the project I've been dreaming of doing for months. Just can't find the buffet. The lines on your piece are fabulous and your paint and stain combination- perfection!!! I can't wait for the day I find one:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning! what a gorgeous piece. I would love it if you linked this up to my party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jess, what an absolutely fantastic job you did on this buffet. I love it and would be proud to have it in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what color did you use on the top?

    ReplyDelete