Sunday, November 20, 2011

There's always room at the table

This table is definitely the largest table we've done so far--and before you start protesting sweetheart--My hubby is to credit for much of work on this piece. 

A lovely couple is putting this in their historic log cabin vacation rental in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho.

I hope I'll get to see some pictures of it in it's new old home!  We almost didn't get the leaves--but luck would have it that just after this couple ordered the table, and 4 months after we bought it, the previous owner called us
out of the blue
to let us know she had found them under her bed!!

I just love people sometimes.

See my beautiful photography backdrop!!

Yeah, my basement painting booth. Normally there is a big drape of plastic sheeting around it, but I decided to replace it tomorrow.  Not much of a backdrop, but there's no way in h-e-double hockey sticks I was gonna haul that sucker anywhere for a photo shoot.

This table was painted in one of my go-to latex paints from Sherman Williams--Indigo Batik and then lightly glazed with a light gray. 

Table top was stained in Miniwax Dark Walnut. 






Ok, all you puzzle people you . . . 
what's wrong with this photo??

Can you see my blaring mistake???
 See it yet?? You know the BIG FAT dusty square in the middle of the table? Yep. NICE.

I may not be much of a photographer, but I can tell you this. Little oopsies look like Big Oopsies in a picture. It really does pay off to at least wipe the sucker off ALL THE WAY.

sigh.
Guess I won't be winning the state fair ribbons with this picture.

Thanks for stopping by!

Reminder--the store will be closed
thursday-monday this week!!

Thanks,
Jessica

Sharing Here:

 
”Domestically

4 comments:

  1. the color on those chairs and table is awesome- i will have to remember that! and perfecto with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such fun pieces! Caught my eye on Primitive and Proper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing that that piece isn't for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was considering painting my dining chairs grey -- now I'm convinced. Wonderful work on a large scale. Thanks for posting the colors you used. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete