Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My next BIG THING!!

Um, NO! I'm not pregnant.

I just made myself a new Annie Sloan Paint Display. And it's sorta big. Just kinda sort big.  Remember this is the girl who chose for her first marathon to run across the Grand Canyon. Yep. I don't do ANYTHING half way. ;P

See: 

 Tester Pots, Books, Brushes & Color Charts!
 But don't change that channel yet . . .


There's more!
Quarts and Storage. And more storage. Hum, LOVE storage.
Yep, the doors are open since I didn't get the skeleton keys to close them!

 Off to the locksmith I go tomorrow. ;)


Is that all? you say,
Oh, NO!

There's more!!


Yep, 80 square feet of glorious
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!



Painted Trim pieces show off the colors with
 clear wax and dark.

The Finish Details
This little Big baby was painted in Old Ochre on the door fronts & Trim, and a mix of Graphite & Old Violet on the display shelves. I added a French Linen Wash in the door front & Trim details. Everything was lightly distressed. I poly coated it all before antiquing it with Dark Wax.  

Here's the before Pic! Well sort of, I had already taken off the glass doors on the center piece, cabinet doors on the right hand side and flip down door on the left and side. I still have them so if I ever sell this I can put them back on. ;)
 Ever so practical me.
Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica

Don't forget to enter my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway! Follow the link on the side bar.

Sharing Here:
DomesticallySpeaking
Furniture Feature Fridays Furniture Feature Fridays

12 comments:

  1. Wow! You are talented!! Love the display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I REALLY need to try this paint! I'll have to check out your giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece to paint - Beautiful work! What color did you use? Arles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made an amazing job on the cabinets, and the display looks great.
    I keep hearing about Annie Sloan on US blogs and know the name from years ago, but I never see her paint here in the UK. I'm going to go look it up as the colours are great.
    Thanks for another great post Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an undertaking!! my parents have a similar mammoth oak wall unit that is begging for some updating. thanks for inspiring me!!

    love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is amazing and beautiful Love love that color combo. What a lucky girl to have room for that in your studio. gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- now THAT is storage for ASCP, for sure-- and a lovely piece(s) of furniture re-do too!

    Smiles from Miss Mustard Seed's linky party,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Display! Your shop is fab!

    Now Following!

    ~mikey @ shabby french cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must feel so good to have a beautiful way to display your paints! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your storage is GORGEOUS & I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of all that paint! :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete