Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolution Day 3

New Year's Resolution Day 3:

“fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.”

Gotta love that Pioneer logic!

Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be full of profound thoughts and inspirations . . . full of advice making do with less . . . but right now I'm drawing a Big. Fat. Blank.  

 So here's a fun little idea a customer showed me and then I looked up on pinterest. . . turning ugly 1980's entertainment centers into play kitchens.  I love the idea of turning something that NOBODY wants anymore into a fantastic STURDY toy for the kids.




 

 Really, if you have distructo-matic kids like mine then sturdy counts for a whole lot. 

We were up till 5 am on Christmas Eve working on this for the twins, and then we missed the big surprise when we slept in and the kids woke up before us!!!


Entertainment Center turned Play Kitchen
A flip down table for snacking, A hand painted clock with working hands (sorta working, they flop) and stamped numbers, and a little shelf for pretties.
(With much cuter shelf brackets coming as soon as I figure out the incredibly smart place I put them so I wouldn't lose them.)  

I trimmed down an old wooden window to fit and added a picture of my mom's backyard and curtains.  Justin did 90% of the work, converting the dark glass tower to a fridge/freezer, added the sink and burners and flipped the hinges on the storage cabinets so the oven would flip down.

I decided on neutral retro colors since I have one Purple princess and one Pink Princess, so I didn't want to favor color over the other. ;)

And yep, we will make you one. ;)
Contact us for details if you're interested.

Thanks! Jessica

Sharing here:


shabby creek cottage

Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. That is so dang darling!!!! What a great way to upcycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful transformation!! Any little girl would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! My son is obsessed with the play kitchen at Co-Op, I'm just having the darndest time finding an affordable AND non-plastic AND non-girly one! Still making these? How much?

    ReplyDelete