Thursday, December 22, 2011

Really, Christmas is this weekend?

Well, I guess I better start on Christmas for my own kids,  huh??

 Good thing is since they're 1, 3, 3, & 5, they'll be happy with a bunch of $1 toys from the dollar store!! We have pretty big ideas for stuff we want to build, but we'll see if it all happens. ;) 

I've been working like mad on custom orders for other folks, but I'm managed to fit in a few new goodies for the shop!

Here's a fun little 4 drawer dresser I painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Coco and then brushed in hints of French Linen & Duck Egg for kicks and giggles.

Also I REALLY have been dying to use the blue crackle knobs I found at Hobby Lobby awhile ago. I painted the top 9 knobs Duck Egg--well in all honesty-- I painted them . . .

Are you ready for this??

First I Brasso'ed them to see if I just wanted to leave them brass colored.
Nope. So I sprayed them . . .
Bronzed Black . . .
Then
Duck Egg . . .
Then Distressed them and too much Duck Egg came off so I had a little black bulls eye in the center.
Then I tried Step two again.
Still had a bull's eye.
so I painted them AGAIN  in Duck Egg.
Add a couples steps of Shellac in there.
Yeah. I painted them like 6 times.

Even those of us who paint 10 pieces of furniture a week have those problem pieces.

But here they are in all their Duck Egg Glory!







Thanks for stopping by!!

Jessica

Sharing Here:

2 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! Thank you for the visit and the sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. In answer to you question about how I link up to a ton of parties...it's one of the things I do early in the morning. It takes about 20 min. just to link up. Then in the afternoon, I spend about 30 min...most of the time more than that going back and visiting links. There is so much inspiration out there. Anyhoo, I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete