Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ah, so chic

Ok, I admit it--I'm a color girl, I never have ever considered painting my furniture black. But I do a lot for my clients in black--and this little desk belongs to my sweet cuz. 

I think I have a new favorite paint + clear coat combo!

I Love the sheen--perfect!!!







Olympic "One" in Satin Black--
Whatever black they make when I say I'd like black.;)

Rustoleum Clear Coat in Matte Finish

Vintage Wood Knobs sprayed with black primer and then Rustoleum "Hammered" spray paint with the goldish-bronze cap.

Thanks for Stopping by!!

Jessica

Sharing Here:

DomesticallySpeaking shabby creek cottage
Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I would never of guessed those to be wooden knobs. You did an awesome job with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the unique shape of those drawers! and i think classic black was the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish, and I'm glad you told us what black you use. I've had some bad luck with other blacks and finishes. That's a beautiful desk!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That piece is beautiful and thanks for giving the deets on the knobs, is there anything spray paint can't do? :)
    A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...I have a cabnit I plan on painting for my son in black...I will give yours a try....Thanks!!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, thats a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete