Thursday, January 12, 2012

And the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Pulls another trick from the can . . .

The Scene: it's 7:00 pm. I have 2 kitchen cabinets left to paint. And I'm out of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 

Oh, The Agony!!

If I could just finish it all tonight. 
 Oh, what to do? What to do??



Wait . . . A thought . . .



You can thin down thick Annie Sloan Chalk Paint with water right?? Well, I have lots of dried Chalk Paint on my tarp . . .

What if . . .

Hum, would it work???

Well Let's see . . .

Scoop it up! 
Uh--BTW a clean brush works better for this . . .


Add some WARM WATER--
Next time I need this trick I'll use warmer water--you know that whole heat being a catalyst of change thing from 10th grade Chemistry?

Oh, doesn't this photo look so candid?? NOT AT ALL like my mom told me to stand and look thoughtful and hold the can with my right hand so you can see the label . . . oh no. 

Totally spontaneous.

Have you ever tried to spatula with your left hand when your right handed (or visa verse)?? Not easy.

Blend on high for about  . . . oh a long time.

Voila!! I got her done!  The reconsituted paint was very gritty, but I was able to sand this away with some 320 Grit sandpaper. Definitely a nice little trick in a tight spot!!


Thanks for Stopping by!!
Jessica

Sharing here:

shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays

17 comments:

  1. That has to be one of the handiest tricks ever imagined-way to go and the doors look terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I think I'm going to use it right away. Yesterday I was shaking up a can of ASCP upside down as the label instructs. To my horror, the lid came off. I righted the can to save what I could. Then I painted fast with what spilled all over my plastic drop cloth. Now I think I'll go chip up the rest and whip up some Duck Egg Blue for the second coat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you amazing me. such an inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SOOO not have tried that with our Vitamix blender. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have GUTS, esp for a right-hander!

    From a Left Handed Friend-- :)


    Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky Party- thanks for sharing :D
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. I'll remember that. I am guessing adding warm/hot water to thick ASCP in the bottom of the can would extend it a bit further too but I haven't quite come to that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing! Creativity is a resourceful gift. Glad you were able to finish without having to order. Are you going to use wax for the finish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Fantastic tip! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I know that feeling of desperation when you just want to FINISH painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the resourceful idea - and the laugh!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so what Mom would have done. I grew up drinking out of cups with paint permanently on them, folks.

    ReplyDelete