Thursday, February 2, 2012

Don't be afraid to get artsy fartsy

I have to laugh each time a new customer who's not familiar with the whole "shabby chic" look says
"you want it to look like that?"
 "That's not finished right?"
"What color will you paint this?"
(on a finished shabby item)

Well, today I put out a piece on my sales floor that I just love! And I did something I don't normally do, I hand painted the trim and I purposefully wanted the edges to look hand painted.

 Because, well, in 18th century France they didn't have Graco HVLP spray guns.  At least I'm pretty sure.
Well, maybe in a Doctor Who episode.






Painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint French Linen with Old Ochre trim. Clear Wax followed by Dark Wax.

And man o' man I love what the dark wax does to these colors!! If you aren't a dark wax fan or you've had a hard time working with it, I really suggest you talk to your local stockist or take a class. It can be intimidating, but one once you get the knack of it, what an amazing difference!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jessica

Sharing Here:
shabby creek cottage DomesticallySpeaking

13 comments:

  1. Um... so what color are you gonna paint that?

    JUST KIDDING lol it's BEAUTIFUL! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so pretty! the colors complement the piece perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that piece!!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo la la! Love what you did with that buffet! I'm a new blogger and now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Now I NEED it! Come check out my legendary dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I have yet to try the ASCP, but I LOVE how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jessica! I love the color choices and how you used them on this piece. I agree, I think the dark wax give a totally different look to the paint. I love to use it on certain pieces myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I love your color choices and the dark wax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got some French Linen and dark wax this week. Now I can't wait to try them out! Robin

    ReplyDelete