Saturday, February 11, 2012

Suede Finish Boy's Dresser

 Lately I have been absolutely addicted to creating a soft, suede finish with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

It doesn't just looke like suede, but the texture is absolutly scrumptious as well! 

 This is accomplished with a tinted wax finish and no buffing. Most Annie Sloan Stockists offer classes on these advanced techniques, so I won't go into too much detail. 

But wow! Love, love this look!

Top stain was Kona by Rustoleum, wiped back as much as possible. With 3 coats of Rustoleum Matte finish poly. This is going to be a changing table, we were going for super scrubability.

Bottom was Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Aubusson Blue with Old White Tinted wax finish. Not buffed at all to preserve the matte, suede feel and look.
 This is for a little boy's nursery. I think it almost looks like denim.


This was a custom order, ergo it is not for sale. 

But I can always make one Just for YOU. ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Jessica

Sharing here:

Furniture Feature Fridays

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I don't live anywhere near a stockist and have to order my ASCP by mail. You're gonna have to share a few more details so I can try this out!

    ReplyDelete