Monday, March 5, 2012

JUnking in PDX!

Oh the mecca of Architectural Salvage Depots in Portland!!! My heart is just happy pulling up to the curb. I got to visit my favorite architectural salvage spot this weekend with my mom--

The ReBuilding Center in Portland.

Love this place!!!  Great inventory, great prices!!

3625 Mississippi   Google it to get the exact address


  BADDDDD Photos Alert!! But you don't follow me for my beauty, right?? ;P


I snagged some porcelain casters for a client's coffee table, wood finials, the irons ends of an old wood bench--wood long gone but I can fix that! Some large shutters to make a headboard for a queen bed . . . and a ton of kitchen cabinet doors for making chalkboards. 
Almost took some some awesome glass and gold door knobs, but even at $12.50 it was too much for me. Even if they retail for $35 at other salvage shops. . . .

Warning: this place is COLD even in the summer so dress warm and wear tough gloves for digging through bins of small metal bits. Saves your finger tips that way!

Stop by if you can--


Jessica 

2 comments:

  1. very cool!! I'm not sure if I've ever heard of this one, so thanks for the tips! :) I may need to plan a trip in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous! Lovely blog; I'm a new follower! ♥♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete