Saturday, May 19, 2012

Striae Gray Table with Red Damask Chairs

I love mixed styles and colors for an unexpected look. Sometimes it works and sometimes we have moments of silence for the death of what really was an incredible idea . . . Followed by a big ol' repaint session. 

And then sometimes I listen to my hubby. Glad I did on this one. He REALLY wanted to paint these chairs red. As in--when I sold the first 4 he painted in Emperor's Silk to a sweet couple, he went out and found 6 more and painted those red as well.  The table is his work as well. We have no idea why the table ended up with a slightly striae finish on top, but it's gorgeous and I'm definitely going to try figure out how he did it, which might be a slightly quixotic endeavour considering he has no idea. But, I'll try.

Ok.
Blab. Blab. Blab.
Just show us the pics Jess!

Table painted in Annie Sloan CHALK PAINT™  1/2 Graphite & 1/2 Paris Grey and 2 coats of Clear Soft Wax and the chairs in Emperor's Silk with a very light Dark Soft Wax glazing.
Red Damask fabric is from Hancock's.



Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Sharing Here:

Furniture Feature Fridays

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Is Emperor's Silk really that red? My previous exposure to it made it appear to have a pinkish tint. I need a good red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I have a table and chairs just like that to do some day. Great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those red chairs! The damask fabric is the perfect choice for them. Gteat job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those chairs! the red is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww. we think you're sweet too.

    ReplyDelete