Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Vintage Dresser with a Modern Secret

Ok, Yeah, I know from the title you're all expecting a dresser that grows arms and helps with the laundry, right. Naw, I'm not that fancy yet. ;P

But here is a pretty little vintage dresser that was just the perfect height for our modern day flat screen T.V.'s. -- which is exactly what this client wanted it for! Only problem . . . where to put the components and not loose style?
 Before

After
Painted in Annie Sloan CHALK PAINT (TM) Pure White with Clear Soft Wax


Voila! I cut the front drawer off and hinged it. Two rolling closures keep it shut.  I also drilled a 2" hole in the back for the cords. Old meets New. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Sharing Here:

Somewhat Simple
Furniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

  1. She's beautiful and just perfect for for a media center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it... and your modifications! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is perfect as a tv stand! love the shape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Looks beautiful. I have almost the same dresser that belonged to my grandmother that I need to paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT MAKEOVER. Perfect Shabbiness. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is awesome! The hinged drawer front is a stroke of genius! Definately one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece!!! Totally my style, I'd like to find something like this to use for a tv console:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece and great makeoer!

    ReplyDelete