Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cutie Patootie little chair makeover!

So Justin brought these home the other day, and while I loved their retro vibe, I just had to cutsie them up a bit. Wouldn't they be perfect for "momma's helper" chairs?! The seats flip up so they can work has step stools as well. 




I painted the plastic steps with a custom color of pink made by mixing two Chalk Paint (TM) decorative paint colors--Emperor's Silk and Pure White in a 1-4 ratio. I popped off the metal seat covers and replaced the old vinyl with fabric from Hancock Fabrics.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks! Jessica

Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Aw, there was one of these in my parents' kitchen while I was growing up! Not nearly as cute as what you've done with these, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they are refreshed with the fabric and paint! Very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stools are the best! My grandmother used to have one when we were kids, and I just loved it... but I have to say, yours are so much cuter!!! Very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'm working on a mid century footstool with vinyl but do you have any suggestions on taking the vinyl off? I have never reupholstered before so I'm a bit hesitant.

    ReplyDelete