Monday, June 25, 2012

I was in a mood.

It was the end of a long, sweet day of painting. I had been churning and burning it. Finally when it came time to rinse the gun and call it a day, I took a look at what I had created. And I saw a theme.
Yes, a very definite theme.
One might have thought I was in a somber mood by the looks of it. But no, I was just enjoying the simplicity and sophisication of a dark palette.  Black. Dark Gray. And Black.

Do you ever find yourself in a "color"mood.  Are your thoughts reflected in your art? Sometimes I really do feel like a little bit Jekyl and Hyde.  I love calm beachy beiges and blues (as we well know) but I also love rich sophisticated black. And then there's the quirk that needs to throw in some apple green every once in a while just for kicks and giggles.
Hum, so much paint. So many moods. Good thing there seems to be an endless supply of old furniture that needs reviving.










Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

 Sharing here:

Furniture Feature Fridays

Primitive and Proper


1 comment:

  1. I never tire of a black and grey theme, and lately it's been all about black! I have another 'black' project on the go, 2 more maybes, and I'm trying, trying with all my might to step out of the black box on the 4th one waiting... thinking I might just go ahead and paint it green!

    ReplyDelete