Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little plush, a little bling bling

If you've been in my store lately, you might have noticed a sitting chair, hidden in the corner, piled with mirrors, frames, and all sorts of decorative things. As if I didn't want you to notice the chair at all. And that would be the case. I had an idea for the chair, but tried to make due with fabric that I had on hand. And well, sometimes it just doesn't pay off to "make due."  It was a sore in my side ever since I finished it, and I finally got around to getting it redone.

While silky smooth ultra suede wasn't the fabric I had in mind, it was the right deep tone gray. And the only upholstery fabric in the store that was that exact shade of sophisticated deep gray that I wanted. So ultra suede it was. And I gotta tell you, I love the contrasting textures in this piece--the soft, plush suede with the hard, edgy silver. I wanted a piece that was grungy, sophisticated, and romantic at the same time. And while I know I could keep creating and playing around to get even closer to my vision . . .  as my mom says . . .

"Sometimes finished is better than perfect."

I'm pretty happy with the final, final result.
Painted in Chalk Paint ™ decorative paint in Paris Gray with silver leafing and Dark Soft Wax. Fabric from Hancock fabrics.

Please check out my tutorials if you'd like to tackle this yourself!
Egads. Gotta love those finger prints. What can I say? I was photographing under duress. My kids were ransacking the store.


Thanks for stopping by! Please check the finished pieces button for pricing and availability.
Jessica
Sharing Here:



Furniture Feature Fridays



Primitive and Proper

5 comments:

  1. The suede actually gives it some cool texture!!! Love your color choices, great job!!
    Visiting via MMS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suede actually gives it some cool texture!!! Love your color choices, great job!!
    Visiting via MMS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With blаck bеans, oг you're getting ready for business your first company phone bill and your checking account information to open this account. There are a lot easier. Equipment list w/ market value any leased equipment?

    My blog: internet marketing automation

    ReplyDelete