Friday, June 15, 2012

The Uniqueness of it all

Sometimes I think about what I do to furniture and I wonder, is it better? I truly do love classic, deep dark stained wood furniture. I love old patina and texture. I love the history.

So why paint it?

Well, besides the obvious--often the piece isn't standing on all four legs. Literally. It needs a little, or a lot, of love.

But sometimes, it's not physically in bad shape. It's not cosmetically offensive. In fact it's so perfect--you got one! And Jill across the street. And Shelli down the lane. And Bobbi up town.

Yep, we all loved it. We all got one. But what if you want something unique? What if you want something totally you?

 That's where paint comes in.


Volunteer exhibit A:
 Not bad. Really very nice. But not an antique. And therefore Fair Game.

Painted in Chalk Paint ™ decorative paints: Old White on the shell, Versailles on the trim of the cabinet doors, 1/2 Versailles 1/2 Old White striae brushed inside the cabinet doors, back of the shelves, and front edges, and finally Chateau Grey on the tiny interior trim of the cabinet doors.  Got all that??? ;)







Thanks for stopping by!
Please check finished pieces button for pricing and availability

Sharing here:
Furniture Feature Fridays

Primitive and Proper

9 comments:

  1. hard to believe it is the same piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did this piece of furniture a tremendous service. You DO make the mundane ~ magnificient! You really know how to put those colors together and do brilliant accent touches. Did you want to live next door to me? House is empty. I could help! ;>} ~BeverlyB, Carson City, NV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    You gave that piece new life!Looks beautiful!
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! it is a perfect updated display piece now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    Also visit my page ... MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER esp
    my site > MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER hacks

    ReplyDelete
  6. As we know that Apple supports only AT&T network, it means that you can use
    only this network. All you need to do is to make certain you tell it what kinds
    of applications you require. In this case, you must select
    number 6.

    Look at my webpage - installous like apps

    ReplyDelete