Monday, July 9, 2012

Aubusson Blue and Eating my words

If you have been following my blog for sometime, you might remember me saying I would not jump on the brass bandwagon. Well, munch, munch, munch, I guess I have some eating of words, munch, munch, to do.

Because I think I'm really grooven' on the whole bright, saturated color and brass thing. The more I do it, the more I love it. Not for every project. No worries, you won't see the 90's coming alive here. I pulled enough pant zippers up with pliers for one life time. Come on, you know you wore jeans so tight you had to lay down on the bed to pull them on, as well!!  And those bangs . . . Yeah. You know what I'm talking about.

Sigh. Yes, we will let the 90's rest in piece. Even if I did see my 8th grade tube skirt on a girl this weekend.

Back to the subject. Brass handles.

I might be able to find a bit of space in my design board for brass handles. Not always. Not on everything. BUT . . .once it awhile it just works.

Emperor's Silk and Brass:




Graphite and Brass:


Here's my latest Crush: Aubusson Blue and Brass.




thanks for stopping by!
Jessica
Sharing Here:

8 comments:

  1. Did you use a brush or roller for the dressers? Will you share how you got such a smooth finish with ASCP? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course--I spray all my furniture. I have a Graco HVLP spraystation. I add between 20-30% and mix until very smooth. Each color is different and will need a different amount of water. Rollers work great as well. If you brush--opt for a high quality natural brush--Purdy's are great. A bit of water in your paint will help it self level better. ;) Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for the tips- the house we just bought has this amazing spray room in the garage- I wasn't sure you could spray ascp- great news

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am cracking up at the 'pliers' comment.....and 'bangs'. ohgosh. we all thought we were so darn cute too. love the furniture....and the colors DO compliment the brass well....in certain situations! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all 3 pieces! They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that blue file cabinet for sale? If so, how much? - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I
    achievement you access consistently quickly.
    my web page - skin bleaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete