Friday, July 27, 2012

Off topic . . . But so worth it . . . :D

Last week I went off the grid. I mean really off the grid. My Camp family relatives get together at the family cabin near Mt. St. Helens every year for a phenomenon known as Camp Camp. No electricity. No TV. No Computers.  There is phone now if you have Verizon.  Each year we do a different theme. Past themes have included Harry Potter, Greek Mythology, "Green" as in environmental, although my sister Jeny decided to interpret this as Frogs on her day, Dr. Seuss . . . and many more.

This year's theme was Hunger Games.
So my sister made a huge Cornecopia for all the 'supplies' to show up everyday. One mom did parecord braclets, wilderness fort building, and camo.  Another did a series of athletic events and obstacle courses. Later I think someone was going to do archery and identifying wilderness plants safe to eat.  Toss in a smattering of crafts, food, swimming at the lake, and 90 billion kids and that's Camp Camp.
I had planned on going for the whole 7 days . . . but it really was the worst time with the Grand Opening of our new store less than 3 weeks away and Justin's injury . . .

So I had to cut it back to 3 days.  And that was probably wise since this year I went sans nanny. Yikes. Not ready for that yet. Definitely Not Ready.  Gladly accepting gifts of chocolate and valium.

Little A at the beach

C takes on bead stringing--Thanks Teresa for the gift!


K demonstrates how Pink Princesses do camo--and her Maori fight dance stance.


A cousin helps her with the body art. Hey--it wasn't on the walls.

 My sweety pie on the toy that never dies. Seriously. going on 7-8 years now including a winter or two outside.

James' best "don't look at me" face.
And J working on his supply backpack. 


Like I said .  . . so off topic. But now you know why I have no photos to show you!
Thanks! jessica

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! My kids would looooove something like that. That sort of annual tradition is awesome and will provide amazing memories for your kids. Angie

    ReplyDelete